Being remote workers, we could go on and on about why it's the greatest way to work. But instead of rambling on we thought we'd just compile a list of reasons why we love it, and you can see for yourself it it's your cup of tea.
So, behold: the top ten reasons to work remotely:
10. You'll never feel obligated to go out to lunch with the same coworkers that you went out with yesterday.
9. You can work in your pajamas and nobody will ever know. Skyping with your clients? No problem! Just put on a nice top.
8. Nobody will judge how much coffee you consume and, consequently, how many trips you take to the bathroom.
7. You don't have to listen to your cubicle neighbor chat on the phone with her mom.
6. Articles abound show that working remotely is actually more productive.
5. You don't have to run to the bank or post office during lunch hour when the rest of the state is there.
4. You can take a nap mid-day. Again, research shows that naps between 1 and 3 PM are actually more productive than staying at your desk and working!
3. You can save money and eat healthier by eating at home (and not having to be up at 5 AM to prepare it).
2. Nobody will even know that you slept in, unless of course you miss a call. But you'd never miss a call (even if you weren't feeling well), because you could just go back to sleep if you needed.
1. The number one -- and perhaps the most coveted reason -- that working remotely is the best is that the only commuting you have to do is from your bed to your desk, coffee shop or coworking place. Nobody's asking you to wait in traffic in the morning and night.
Working remotely is good for the soul, and if you're happy, your employers, clients or employees will be happy. How many of you work remotely? What can you add to our list?